Lenticular is a visual medium that brings animated effects and 3D depth to color and black & white two-dimensional images. The result greatly enhances the impact of advertising, display and promotional communications.
Durable material - Lenticular can be created for reflective or backlit presentations.
Flexible material – The lenticular pieces can be die-cut, perforated or scored.
How are lenticular images created? Lenticular images combine digitally interlaced printed or photographic image with rows of optical grade lenses. These interlaced images, printed directly to the back of the lens, focus light on different strips of the surface and magnifies whatever image is there. Viewing the image from different angles – by moving – creates the desired illusion.
What are the different effects that can be created?
- Flip - is an effect used to show up to 2-5 distinct images, one after the other.
- Real 3D - allows the transformation of the two-dimensional reference of your choice into a multi-layer three-dimensional image. Photogram also has perfected and uniquely offers wire-frame 3-D.
- Zoom - based on a single photographic image it is the action of having an object moving closer or further away.
- Morph - the complete transformation of an image, melting into another.
- Twirl - is an animated deformation of a particular part of an image, in a whirling movement
- Animation - either based on video material or simulated by interlacing the required number of images, the result is realistic fluid motion of an object. Photogram's technology allows utilization of 64 to 80 images on 75 lpi and 62 lpi lenticular plastic, respectively.
Proprietary technology: DIPP or Dense Image Processor Pack - Our DIPP software package is a set of software modules designed specifically for lenticular printing. This package includes DRIP and our “Pro-Lens Scaling” technology that have both proven to dramatically improve the quality of our lenticular products, thus differentiating us from alternative sources.
DIPP enables encoding of more images per inch – We combined our DIPP with the best Computer-To-Plate process to produce lenticular images that renders 4800 images/inch in true continuous tone (photo quality), without any of the noises caused by FM/stochastic screening or by the interference between lenticule's and screening's frequencies and angles. This ultimate level of detail enables us to provide 64 frames on a 75 LPI sheet of plastic. With 62 LPI plastic, this number increases to 77 frames. Competitors using other RIP software only provide 12 to 20 frames on 75 LPI plastic, printing at screen frequencies of 900 lpi or more, with AM, FM or stochastic screening, causing tremendous amount of dot gain which produces various color reproduction problems. Photogram's DRIP provides more frames/inch, thus more depth of field, sharper flips and more spectacular special effects, using effective screen frequencies more than 6 times lower, thus providing much better color reproduction precision.
DIPP provides sharper and more defined images – Our Pro-Lens Scaling, part of our exclusive production system, allows us to print each lenticular product with a lot more sharpness and image definition. This means sharp and “on-focus” objects in different spatial layers, with much more depth, using less expensive 75 LPI 0.018” thick plastic sheets. It also means even more depth with thicker plastic material (like 0.027 62 LPI plastic).